The IO3 – Profiling System for Career Orientation produces a system that creates a combined career and learning profile and provides a step-by-step guide how to be used in a very simple comprehensive way.
The methods used to design the profiling tool are the archetypes of Jung, the theory of multiple intelligences, NLP and profiling activities used in career coaching.
The tasks learning to its creation:
1. initial design
2. quality standards check
3. beta testing with users
4. consultation with experts
5. software design and creation
6. user experience creation
The Intellectual Output 3 (IO3) takes the form of a mobile application, that can be used online and offline. It works on both Android and IOS supporting devices.
The main aim of the profiling system is to support young individuals in making educational choices and managing their careers based on their interests, passions, talents, abilities, styles and values.
The methods used to design the profiling tool is the Intellectual Output 1 – The Methodology for Voccess. The experts were using the archetypes of Jung, the theory of multiple intelligences, NLP and profiling activities used in career coaching, to create the tests, questions and outcomes for your results in the IO3.
Our project believes that everybody should be entitled to guidance and counselling services regardless of whether they are studying, working,
unemployed or outside of the labor market.
Why the high quality career education and guidance is an essential part of preparing young people for their future?
- The decisions that young people make at school have a big impact on their lives – affecting not just their further education, training or
employment, but also their social lives, finances and health outcomes.
- A key function of secondary schools is to prepare students to transition successfully toward a future career path. This involves providing curriculum opportunities to build students’ general capabilities, support students’ interests and aspirations, and support them to make informed decisions about their subject choices and pathways.
- Students are more engaged in education and highly motivated about their future when they have a clear understanding of themselves and
how they might live and work when they leave school.
- Careers are now increasingly seen not as being ‘chosen’ but as being constructed through the series of choices about learning and work that people make throughout their lives.
- Career education in this sense need not be confined to the few, it can, and must, be made accessible to all.
- Overall, when students are supported to make effective transitions from secondary school to further education, training or employment, there are economic and social benefits for all.
What are the two key components, for your professional development?
1. Career education – developing knowledge, skills and attitudes through a planned program of learning experiences in education and training
settings which will assist all students to make informed decisions about their study and/or work options and enable effective participation in their
working life. Access to Voccess IO2.
2. Career guidance – assisting individuals to make educational, training and occupational choices and to manage their careers and move from a
general understanding of life and work to a specific understanding of the realistic learning and work options that are open to them. Access to
Who usually is providing career guidance services?
The public education, employment authorities and the education providers, are the main actors responsible for guidance and counselling services. Their functions and goals are mutually complementary. Education and training institutions bear the main responsibility for guidance and counselling of pupils and students.
The youth sector, majorly, is involved in offering information, guidance and counselling to young people.
Our professional partnership believes that supporting students in making well- informed choices about subjects can lead them to have a more optimistic outlook on life, sense of purpose and greater level of contribution that they make to their families and society.
Start your career journey and professional development with downloading the VOCCESS APP from Google Play.